Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lifting white goods (washing machine) under kitchen work surface

On 23/08/15 19:45, Fredxxx wrote:
In the past I have used a sack truck, or just opened w/m door and hauled
it out from under a kitchen work-surface as best I can.

The only snag, is that lino, or kitchen covering is sometimes caught,
causing a tear and making the w/m even more difficult to extract.

Is there a better way?

Yes.

I keep 3 bits of hardboard:

One 60x60cm, the other 2 are 60x20cm

Rock the machine and slide the 60x20cm down the left side under both feet.

Do the same the right side.

All shiny side up.

Put the 60x60 in front. Slide machine out. Once rocked on, it's fairly
easy to slide over hardboard and the height gain in only about 5mm.

You could do any variation on this - I just happened to use the sizes I
had...