Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default supermarket fuel

On Friday, August 21, 2015 at 12:14:30 PM UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:
On 20/08/2015 22:19, Bill Wright wrote:

An expert that I trust says that supermarket fuel isn't as good as other
fuel. He says it's all down to the additives.

Comments?

There are tiny differences in the additive packages with the
supermarkets cutting corners a bit but all the fuel is to the British
standard and only the tetchiest of engines will see any difference.

It really only matters when they put the entirely the wrong additive
package in as happened in 2007 and again in 2014 to a lesser extent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_U..._contamination

Petrol engines really don't like the *diesel* additive package.

FWIW I am happy to buy supermarket fuel at the best price I can get.

--

I use mostly Tesco diesel. I might chuck a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the tank once in a while, since some of the brand fuels say they include such an additive.
Simon.