Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default supermarket fuel

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 12:29:52 +0100, NY wrote:

The most amusing car I saw from BMC was the Vanden Plas - 1100! The
owners of course swore it was faster, more economical, built better,
etc...

Yes, bog-standard 1100 with VdP extras like wooden dashboard and Rolls
Royce type radiator grille.

Some of the ADO16s had single carbs, some twin. Riley/MG were definitely
twin, Austin/Morris definitely single. I seem to recall my brother's
Wolseley 1300 having single. I think Austin/Morris lagged in going from
1100 to 1300, too.

Ah, here y'go - the tangled history...
http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/cars...1300/the-cars-
bmc-11001300-development-history/

I can never remember - was it the Austin or Morris version that had the
ribbon speedo? Which of those two was regarded as the base version and
which was one step up?

Both base, just in slightly different ways.

Anyway, the VdP ADO16 was never anywhere NEAR as amusing as the VdP
1500... The posh Allegro.