Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default supermarket fuel

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
Supermarket fuel comes from the same small handful of regional
distribution depots as any other fuel. Their tanks are fed from the same
pipelines from the same tiny handful of national refineries as any other
fuel.

In the '90s, BMW had problems with some of their engines which had ally
bores 'coated' with Nikasil. Some petrol attacked this coating - but not
all. It was thought to be imported stuff which used a high sulphur base
rather than the crude used in UK refineries. Mainly sold by supermarkets
in the north of England, and some other low cost outlets.

--
*I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.