Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default led floodlight

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 08:52:55 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

I saw three over about 6 minutes, night before last. This area is
heavily light polluted with Luton, Stevenage, Welwyn/Hatfield, St.
Albans all within a few miles.

Our biggest source of light polution is Teeside about 40 miles away.
If you know where to look Carlisle (30 miles) produces a little patch
of orange on the horizon. Tyneside p

The sky was clear but a bit blurred by moisture vapour. I also saw what
appeared to be a satellite of some sort, travelling North - South and
much too fast to be an aircraft.

Or a bit a of junk. Around a couple of hours after sunset the sky is
crawling with visible satellites. Couple of hours as by that time
it's dark enough on the surface but the satellies are still in full
sun.

There is an Android app "Space Junk" that lists and plots a lot if
not all the visible bits of junk/satelites that is hurtling around up
there.

--
Cheers
Dave.