Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_19_] Stephen[_19_] is offline

Default led floodlight

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 19:16:09 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

I don't think there any better alternatives. They are all about the same
price and all are made to the lowest possible budget.

I fitted two 20W Brackenheath LED floods with PIR today. I can highly
recommend you avoid using them. The PIR sensor is mounted in such a way that
the light cannot be tilted down by much of an angle.

I was not going to have a PIR or if I add one, I thought I would use a
separate unit because as others have said, you can never aim the PIR
and the light without moving the other.

I have found TLC sell ledlite:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LTFB10WW.html

Has anyone used these?

The literature says they use COB LEDS, what are these? They are
supposed to be better than surface mount LEDS. Are they (and why)?

It says they come in warm white but does not give a colour
temperature. They come as 10w or 30w. The 10w gives an equivalent to
70w incandescent output; I wonder if that will be too dim? I thought a
150w equivalent might be better, on the basis that 150w bulbs used to
be used for this purpose.

Thanks
Stephen.