Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default led floodlight

On 12/08/2015 18:48, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 17:53:05 +0100, Graham. wrote:

/snip

That applies to the bog standard halogen type as well, ours is almost
horizontal to keep the "hot spot" out of the eyes of approaching
drivers.

I know this because I am on the receiving end of one.

There are a couple of flood lights at a farm the other side and a
further down the valley. We are 3/4 of a mile and 300' *higher* than
that farm but those floods give enough light to read by up here...

I think that's a bit much. Light pollution is something some take very
seriously - in the same ball park as say noise and air pollution.
Sheffield University and Derbyshire Council did some lobbying/studies
recently. I went to a talk on stars (or some such) and they were getting
very animated about the whole thing.

Might be worth contacting your council if it bothers you.

--
Cheers, Rob