Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default led floodlight

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes

That applies to the bog standard halogen type as well, ours is almost
horizontal to keep the "hot spot" out of the eyes of approaching
drivers.

I know this because I am on the receiving end of one.

There are a couple of flood lights at a farm the other side and a
further down the valley. We are 3/4 of a mile and 300' *higher* than
that farm but those floods give enough light to read by up here...

I do try:-)

The 125 Watt halogen reflectors can't be tilted down to keep the light
on your own land because the sensor gets in the way:-(

I suppose this could be overcome by changing the mounting bracket but
for a *use off the shelf* item, this is poor design.

--
Tim Lamb