Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default led floodlight

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 17:53:05 +0100, Graham. wrote:

The first is rated IP65 whereas the second is "only" IP44 but the

main
difference

For something that is exposed to the weather IP44 may as well not
have a case... Check the descriptions carefully, if stainless screws
are mentioned is it just the ones holding the glass bezel in place or
the ones that attach the lamp to the bracket as well? The latter are
often omited from the stainless description and are "chromed" steel
that show signs of rust within 24hrs of being outside...

is that the first has a colour temperature of 6200K whereas the

second
is 4000K

6200 k will look very blue and cold. Personally I don't like
"daylight" unless it is at real daylight levels. I've a 10 W "White"
LED flood it's OK but if buying again I'd look for something
"warmer".

Consequently, you have to angle them downwards to a greater extent
than many people realise, to keep the incident light out of the eyes
of friendly witnesses and observers, and the windows of the houses
opposite.

That applies to the bog standard halogen type as well, ours is almost
horizontal to keep the "hot spot" out of the eyes of approaching
drivers.

I know this because I am on the receiving end of one.

There are a couple of flood lights at a farm the other side and a
further down the valley. We are 3/4 of a mile and 300' *higher* than
that farm but those floods give enough light to read by up here...

--
Cheers
Dave.