Posted to uk.d-i-y
Garry Selby Garry Selby is offline

Default UMAX

replying to Keefiedee , Garry Selby wrote:
ABC GAS CARE Garry Selby
I Enjoyed the discussion on the product and can confirm its not another
product that bulls you up for your hard earned cash it actually works and
all the other Central Heating Additive Manufacturers are scrambling to get
there own product on the market it actually costs close to £20K to have
it independently tested and about 6 months Fernox one of the best known
brands have issued a product as well F6
What it does in simple terms is increase the Conductivity of the water and
as a simple effect of heat passing into the water easier this increases
heat of the water and as 2 effects you ether get too hot or if sensible
drop the temp of the boiler , you use less gas ,
Its not Bull it works It was tested extensively by a further education
facility in Scotland on commercial and domestic ,I read the report and
after that I am adding to nearly every job , But if you want to save
energy and your boiler life fit a Magnaclean I am not going to spend pages
on why you need one but it keeps your boiler free of sludge iron oxide
this keeps your energy efficiancy high it then also as another effect your
boiler life can go from 10 year to 20 year IF YOU ADD INHIBITOR as well
and makes putting inhibitor in your system and your UMax , my maintenance
bills went down on 40 rental houses from thousands a year to small
hundreds over a 5 year period with every house having Magnaclean regular
inhibitor and the Umax the original installation cost was high but now its
pay back in low running costs .
So as some one who is plumbing day in day out you want to save money 1 put
Magnaclean in ,2 Put inhibitor in yearly ,3 Put Umax in .
or the Fernox F6 is inhibitor and Umax in one .
I do not work for any of the company's so this is independent and
information through real experience in the field .

kdunbar232 wrote:

I recently came across (while looking for something else) a product called

UMAX, which is an additive for the water in a central heating system that

s said to
"change the way water boils, making the water in your radiators hotter

with
out turning them up. As water in a central heating system passes over the

eat exchanger in the boiler, a small percentage of that water will boil on

the hot metal surfaces. During this boiling a layer of irregular bubbles

fo
rms which eventually join together and act as insulator between the gas

fir
ing and the water within the radiator circuit. Umax changes the way water

oils so that only micro bubbles form which do not coalesce greatly

increasi
ng the heating efficiency and the transfer of heat from the boiler into

the
radiator circuit. (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mKxfzIuQLE)"
It sounded a bit far fetched, but I found some on eBay for just £3.99 pos
t free, which was hardly going to break the bank, and lo and behold, it

see
ms to work, insofar as the radiators really are a lot hotter - almost

scald
ingly hot.
I don't really understand why this means the boiler thermostat doesn't cut

out earlier - but I pass this on, being interested to see if anyone else

ha
s had experience of this product.
Keith