Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default epoxy carbon fibre

On 06/08/15 22:28, wrote:
Has anyone experience of using carbon fibre instead of fibreglass for
repairs? It looks like I could darn using the roving.

I often do small repairs on chainsaw bits that have broken and used
fibreglass and epoxy successfully to repair the plastic and aluminium
allow fuel tanks but wonder if using carbon fibre may be any better,
especially as I end up itching all over after playing with the
fibreglass.

I have no idea whether or not carbon fibre will give you a better repair
than fibreglass, but I suggest you Google "carbon fibre" and "irritant"
if you think you will solve your itch problems by using it.

--

Jeff