Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_8_] michael adams[_8_] is offline

Default Inkjet ink v faountain pen ink?

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
I have just found a decades old, never used Parker fountain pen, with the squeeze to
fill type bladder system. Of course I don't have ink for it, but I do have lots of black
ink refill kits for inkjet printers, so I tried that and it seems to work OK.

Any comments welcome please. Will the bladder dissolve the nib choke up, or might it be
OK long term?

As you've had no problems in making it flow, and given ink that can
go through a printer head should present no problems to a nib,
possibly all the caveats on here -

its too thin - basically the delivery machanism is so different
that it simply wouldn't flow [ although it seemms it does }-
but would instead clog.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...-fountain-pen/

are all mistaken. Dunno.

Given that you've just found it and are maybe using it out of
novelty for occasional use, maybe if you flushed it out after
every use this might prevent any lasting damage.

Otherwise Quink is still available from Rymans at £6.99 a pop
- 60ml for both blue and black both permanent and "new improved"
water soluble. Although they seem to have changed the label
as well.

michael adams

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)