James Sweet

Default Fluke meter recommendation

I have a 29 that's excellent, however I need new fuses for it, both current
measuring fuses are blown, where's a good place to order new ones?
"Bob M." wrote in message
The 187 and 189 meters are their top-of-the-line and are probably

replacing
many of the 80 series. The 189 can log about 1000 readings internally -
that's the only difference between the two. They retail for almost $400

but
sometimes you will find them on eBay for half that. I jumped on the

auction
at that price for a 189, then sold my 18-month-old 187 to a friend for the
same amount.

However, there are also things to be said for a good old 260. Hopefully he
will end up with both !

Bob M.
======
"Alan Harriman" wrote in message
On 28 Jul 2003 18:50:28 -0700, (Lenny)

wrote:

My son who works with me in my electronics service business is
presently enrolled in an Electronics Technology course at the local
College. I introduced him to test equipment by getting him a used 260
and a new cheapo hand held digital from Harbor Freight, just so that
he could "get his feet wet". He's a hard worker, and a good boy and
now I would like to do something special for him. He has asked for a
Fluke portable meter with a case for his birthday.

The Fluke 87 III is an excellent meter. Especially useful is its peak

hold
feature, a must for troubleshooting shutdown circuits. They retail for

about
$350, but can often be found on ebay for $200 or less. See

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...sult&SortPrope
rty=MetaEndSort&ht=1&query=fluke+87+III

Alan Harriman