Posted to uk.d-i-y
J.B.Treadstone[_5_] J.B.Treadstone[_5_] is offline

Default OT ish Slow Windows

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 11:28:05 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 31/07/15 10:24, fred wrote:

I feel the same way about Linux. In global terms its such a minority
interest. If it was so wonderful it would be cock of the walk by this
time so why would a neophyte wish to get involved with an operating
system with such a small user base.

Dunno. Not much of a user base for a Lamborghini either, but I'd take one
for free...

Wasn't much of a user base for DOS either till IBM built their PC.

Incidentally the whole desktop PC thing is in a state of collapse.

Of course since most mobiles, routers and servers are based on Linux, you
could argue that its got a higher user base than windows.

Yes. When you take into consideration /all/ aspects of computing, Linux is
by far the most used OS.
It runs 68% of the Internet servers, runs routers, runs onboard automobile
computers, Smart TVs, smart phones, supercomputers (95%), avionics, etc.