Paul Burridge

Default Laptop display fault

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:46:16 +0000 (UTC), "Dave D"
wrote:

If you feel comfortable dismantling the screen bezel, (take care, it's not
too hard to crack thin bezels!) check the cable is seated properly in the
connector. Also check the other end where it connects to the motherboard
(sometimes they go to an intermediate pcb). If it does go to an intermediate
pcb, check that is seated correctly.

All this is likely fruitless though, lines usually indicate a fault in the
circuits which address the actual TFT elements, a very tricky and expensive
repair. I'm not familiar with the model, so I can't really comment on the
viability of a professional repair.

Thanks, Dave. it's a shame as often in the past I've given up on stuff
and junked it only to find later that the fault was simple and readily
repairable. Oh well....
--

"I believe history will be kind to me, since I intend
to write it." - Winston Churchill