Default problem with a TEAC CD-Z500

) wrote in message . com...
Hello,

I have got a TEAC CD-Z500 (esoteric) compact disc player that refuse
to play. It stops working during the play back repeating mode (playing
same track during 1 hour).

When I insert a CD in the tray :

1- the drawer closes perfectely ... no problem,
2- there are no interlock switch on this model
3- the pickup assembly reset to the starting point to the inner center
track of disc with no problem,

3a- the laser beam goes on for 4 sec and shut down
4- the laser pickup assembly move freely and smoothly on the track,
5- THE PICKUP LASER DO NOT FOCUS AT ALL WITH OR WITHOUT A DISC (CD),
6- NO RED SPOT WHEN I VIEW THE LENS FROM AN OBLIQUE ANGLE DURING FOCUS
SEARCH
7- NO SPINNING MOTOR ACTION

I checked the following:

1- I clean the lens,
2- no broken or damaged gear theeth anywhere,
3- the drawer close completely and freely,
4- the (path) track is clean and freely,
5- all flat cables and connectors OK,
6- sloder joints OK
6- my CD (disc) is clean with no scratch on it
7- power transformer seem very hot but everything light (display,
motor tray OK),
8- the DACs (2x) on the audio PCB (at left of the pickup) runs hot
9- voltage according to regulators (7805, 7905, 7815 = OK)

There are the following parts in the servo control:

STA341M IC motor P/N array driver
NJM4565L ???
LA6500 regulators (no info ??? on voltage output in the power supply
section).

I checked all transistors and resistors including low resistors values
= everything looks OK!
There is an optical sensor under the laser pickup assembly,
and the laser pickup part number is a Sony number KSS150. Funny
thing, all parts on the PCB board are SONY! (pcb located right of the
picup assembly)

No service manual, schematic, or data info ..service manual is 85$$
too expensive for me. TEAC customer service is really bad!

Anybody knows this model and trouble associated ... someone can help
me ...

Thanks a lot!

Mike