Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Best paint to use on kitchen ceiling?

wrote in
:

On Friday, 17 July 2015 11:27:41 UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:

The likes of Dulux and Crown suggest that their matt paints are not
suitable for kitchen ceilings, yet I believe a matt finish is best.

Am I correct that other surface finishes, ie eggshell etc have a
slight sheen to them?

You can pick a prettier matt finish, not fry much and accept it'll
need repainting after so many years. Or go with eggshell etc, then it
can be cleaned more & last longer.

I see no sense arguing for one or the other.

NT

I have never cleaned a ceiling - but my experience with walls is that a
squirt of Mr Muscle and a gentle wipe will remove marks and not the paint.
The main thing is to use a cleaner that will emuslify the grease and then
water will remove it.