Paul Burridge

Default Laptop display fault

Hi all,

I have a Compaq Armada 1750 laptop and the display's developed an
intermittent fault which at times is bad enough to make the screen
totally unreadable. It doesn't seem to be temperature related and can
happen at any time. The most noticeable problem is kind of like
slender, white, verticle streaks going down the screen which flicker
and vary in intensity. At worst, the whole screen apart from the top
quarter inch along the top becomes whited out. Anyone have any idea
what might be the cause of this problem or how to fix it?

Thanks,

p.
--

"I believe history will be kind to me, since I intend
to write it." - Winston Churchill