Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default Best paint to use on kitchen ceiling?

On 17/07/2015 12:04, DerbyBorn wrote:
wrote in news:2f96e34a-e6af-45eb-a93e-
:

On Friday, 17 July 2015 11:27:41 UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:
The likes of Dulux and Crown suggest that their matt paints are not
suitable for kitchen ceilings, yet I believe a matt finish is best.

Am I correct that other surface finishes, ie eggshell etc have a slight
sheen to them?

yes, and is more wipeable and more water resistant.

NT

....and it will show all the imperfections in the ceiling finish.

Those were my thoughts and I'm wondering how many times the ceiling is
going to get a wash, or even a wipe?

Any accidents involving ketchup would probably require a new coat of
paint regardless of paint type/finish.