Alex

Default problem with a TEAC CD-Z500

When I insert a CD in the tray :

1- the drawer closes perfectely ... no problem,
2- there are no interlock switch on this model
3- the pickup assembly reset to the starting point to the inner center
track of disc with no problem,

servo circuitry sounds ok...

4- the laser pickup assembly move freely and smoothly on the track,
5- THE PICKUP LASER DO NOT FOCUS AT ALL WITH OR WITHOUT A DISC (CD),
6- NO RED SPOT WHEN I VIEW THE LENS FROM AN OBLIQUE ANGLE DURING FOCUS
SEARCH

either the supply to the laser diode is missing or the laser pickup itself
is faulty.
motor wont start unless focus lock is achieved. if I had to make a blind
guess
without a service manual, I'd say the laser is shot.

alex.

7- NO SPINNING MOTOR ACTION