Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A toilet anywhere?

On Mon, 6 Jul 2015 12:36:47 +0100, Brian-Gaff wrote:

I don't want to get involved in pipes running down the garden, but I
have a feeling the only way is one of those portable jobs that caravans
use.

Saniflow would need power and water. Rain water would do but you
might need quite a big tank to get you through the summer depending
on the summer rain fall where you are. Most storeage under or in the
shed pump up to the bogs cistern as required. Power I guess you'll
have that for heat, light and radio kit.

Well insulated the rain water storeage tank and use it as a heat
store but rain water won't be clean and keeping it at nice bug
growing temperature might not be a "Good Idea".

All rather complicated, aside from the possible blockage problems
which I suspect only occur when fed material, other than soft toilet
paper, that hasn't transited the human digestive tract first.

So KISS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composting_toilet

--
Cheers