Posted to uk.d-i-y
CB CB is offline

Default Health & Safety issue

On 09/07/2015 20:13, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

At my last induction I was at a civils site. I was informed that PPE
including gloves and glasses were to be worn at all times, there were
no exceptions.

I pointed out this was against HSE guidelines and went on to add that
a badly thought through glasses policy resulted in me winding up in
hospital once.

Noticed this on a TV programme about a year ago (in either a RR Aero
engine factory or an Airbus factory - I cant remember which) where
everyone on the factory floor (including the CEO being interviewed) was
wearing safety glasses. I thought at the time it seemed excessive,
although the safety glasses were "wrap around" and looked a lot lighter
and more comfortable than the monstrosities I had to wear years ago.

--
CB