Posted to uk.d-i-y
ratsack ratsack is offline

Default Health & Safety issue

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Chris French
wrote:

what's clueless about a perfectly normal cable setup?

It may be normal, but not desirable.

Bull****.

It's also a lot harder to keep clean.

Who cares ? I dont bother to clean there.

Ideally all the sockets for a given station should be presented at
floor pockets and then the cabling run neatly up to the workstation.

Complete waste of time.

And if the IT dept were not clueless the users would not be being given
these giant towers with their noisy fans and ****ing great 300W power
supplies. There are perfectly good small machines that could be used.

I choose to use giant towers myself and the fans are completely
silent, because I chose the tower that way. And I had to put in a
bigger power supply than I had originally because the quad
digital capture card would drop out one channel when all
streams were being recorded at once.

The tangle of wires will at some point cause problems with the RJ45
connectors, I'd say.

They dont with mine and mine is a lot more tangled than that one.