Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp is offline

Default Health & Safety issue

On Thu, 9 Jul 2015 20:24:00 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp"
wrote in message ...

People are now dreaming up health and safety "initiatives" looking for
problems where they don't exist.

At my last induction I was at a civils site. I was informed that PPE
including gloves and glasses were to be worn at all times, there were
no exceptions.

No hi vis jacket? If so what colour was it and how many people did it take
to pass the motion on the colour of the hi vis?

Ooooh!!

There lies a story!

Must be orange, unless of course the demented ******* on site prefer
green. Those going for orange are demonstrating their superb knowledge
of local conditions by predicting what the insect life head for.
'Shame that the same knowledge doesn't take in to account the almost
complete lack of traffic around the sites they administrate over.

A colleague wanted pink Hi Vis but this wasn't allowed at all, she
should have tried for a sex discrimination case.

The rule now on a lot of sites is full Hi Vis. [ I work indoors with
nice pretty little relays and 1mm cables], Occasionally I join the big
rough boys and start terminating 2.5 and even 4mm cable, this is all
inside away from any vehicular traffic.

The trouble is, the hi vis and reverse parking ******* don't stop
there, some such as Costains go even further and jump onto the
"green" bandwaggon, wanting to know if the lucky souls attending their
sites have used petrol or diesel transport and furthermore how many
miles they have travelled to attend.

Environmental policy is very similar to H&S, it seems like a nice
comfortable niche for the lesser able.

AB