Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Health & Safety issue

"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...

Chris French wrote:
In message , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp writes
On Thu, 09 Jul 2015 14:08:20 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

ss wrote:
This is a small office in a large UK corporate company.
Although untidy tangle of wires would this be deemed `at risk` under
health and safety.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ps32wd8zso.jpg

If so is there a section or ref number within health & safety to
report
this? Electricians say it is ok, but then again they couldnt find the
light switch to turn off a ceiling light that goes of at the mains!

Why are you so worried about something so normal?where is the danger?

Trip hazards,

You haven't looked at the image have you? so posting generic hazards is
a bit pointless.

Not in this situation, the cables are out of the way mostly behind a
desk.

electromagnetically induced interference to pacemakers,

Any evidence that tangles of wires cause such a problem?

unclear switch designations

There are no switches on the sockets. though some labels would be
useful, but mostly to save annoyance and frustration. But I imagine
these are not going to be pulled unless someone is working on the kit,
moving it etc.

thus leading to confusion as to which plug
to pull in the case of a fire.

fair enough, but it would be safer to pull them all anyway as the
equipment is likely to be near each other., But when was the last time a
bit of random office equipment caught fire whilst people were sitting
working in the office?

Inability to keep clueless morons from
the workplace.

what's clueless about a perfectly normal cable setup?

He must be fairly diminutive to trip on those cables, I would find it
difficult to walk there.

As would any normal person. But you're not an accident looking for a place
to happen...