Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default A toilet anywhere?

On 08/07/2015 18:22, Peter Parry wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jul 2015 12:27:44 +0100, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

I was thinking it was abuut time for the annual Saniflo warning.

There is nothing wrong with a saniflo that cannot be cured by a low
yield nuclear weapon. Given the maximum level pumping distance is
quoted at 160ft and that "up to" in sales documents usually means
"nowhere near" the chances of reliably pumping 150fts worth of mashed
muck through a 22mm pipe is probably as close to zero as makes no
difference. In the event it wouldn't matter as someone will have
dropped into it one of the 7,893 articles which can stop this French
abomination from working.

When my father got too old to cope with the stairs we fitted a saniflo
in a downstairs room, it was infinitely better than a commode and worked
every time. I did use a 32mm pipe and fitted it with a tee with a drain
on the bottom before the vertical bit just in case but never had to use it.

The shower was also fitted next to it and used a pump to get rid of the
water, it used a 15mm flexible pipe.

Saniflo do a service contract so you don't have to do the dirty job if
you don't want to.