Jörg Albert

Default Kyocera FS-600 laser not printing correctly?

Hi Nigel,

(Nigel Jones) wrote in message . com...
I have also noticed on the last test shee that the "Status Page"
banner is repeated 1/3 down the page, in a pale fashion.

Only the centre 1/3 of the print is affected apart from a splodgy 1cm
line at far right.The text, both in the dirty area and white area is
still pin sharp.

I have quickly just tried to clean without touching anything with my
fingers or pressing hard. I have very carefully used the lint-free
cloth also on the drum, in dim light taking 2 minutes. It was quite
dirty. The reverse of the paper isn't too bad.

It seems as if perhaps the corona wire - or equiv - is dirty -- where
exactly do I go in the printer/cartridge to check this. Certainly
something is allowing toner to stay on the drum I believe. What else
do I clean? Might anything be completely broken? The transfer roller?

Any progress on that problem? I got two defective PUs here,
one with a defect on the drum and a second which repeats the
image as you described above.
Both from an ebay auction, the second PU came as a replacement
for the first and the seller claims that it worked at his site
and send a status page which looked fine. He asked if I used
wrong toner.

I disassembled both PUs and put the second drum in the first PU -
no success. The ghost image followed.

Do you know how the drum is cleaned - I found no corona wire inside
and the techn. spec. says it does clean by a wiper. Maybe some
charging of the drum is needed too (to loosing the remaining
toner particles).

/Jörg