Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Do I need to update my house's fuse box?

On Sunday, 5 July 2015 00:11:44 UTC+1, ratsack wrote:
nt wrote in message
On Friday, 3 July 2015 01:30:27 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

Now which of the above can you fix in the home for a couple of hundred
quid?

As I've said before in this thread, the general concensus among experts is
that 50% of deaths due to heart disease & cancer, ie 149,500 deaths each
year, can be prevented by eating properly, not smoking and getting a
little exercise.

That is very arguable indeed given that you have to die of something
and you are still likely to die of either heart disease or cancer. It would
be more accurate to say that you may well be able to delay dying of
either of those since you will likely die of one or the other eventually.

ijcba

A couple of hundred quid covers that.

That is very arguable too.

of course there are ways yuo can waste money, doing the right things is cheap.

If you'd rather spend your Ł200 on avoiding an unknown small number
of injuries each year that's your call. But don't expect me to say its a
good choice.

It makes more sense to do both.

It makes more sense to put your risks in order and tackle the ones that are largest and you can have most effect on. RCDs are a drop in the ocean.

NT