Posted to uk.d-i-y
ratsack ratsack is offline

Default low level and high level toilets

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"ratsack" writes:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
TheChief writes:
One issue I would be aware of is the requirement (or not) for pans
to be self cleaning.

Toilets with self-cleaning coatings have been available for a couple
of decades now. In countries where the bloke traditionally cleans the
toilet,

Which are those ?

Japan is top of the list,

I just don't believe that all the toilets
in Japan are cleaned by the blokes.

but I believe the market is across
many of the similar more civilsed asian countries.

I don't believe that either with Korea or China or Vietnam.

self-cleaning coatings are universal. In countries where the
woman traditionally cleans the toilet, toilets with self-cleaning
coatings are all but impossible to find.

Watched a program about different toilet designs, probably 10 years ago.
A toilet manufacturer which manufactures for most of the world was asked
why they don't supply them here. Answer was that it's men who usually
buy toilets,

Yes.

and they only perceive there's an issue in the countries
where they usually have to clean the toilet themselves.

Don't believe that.

In other countries, they regard the toilet as self-cleaning anyway,
as it apprently cleans itself up when they aren't looking.

Or that either, particularly when they are sharing flats etc.

Hence no market for self-cleaning toilets here.

Don't believe that.