bigmike

Default TV Brand Recommendation

"LASERandDVDfan" wrote in message
If you mean supporting an "American" company, think again. Zenith is

no
longer
an American company. It is now owned by LG, which is based in South

Korea, and
has been for almost five years.

No **** Sherlock. Didnt I say local economy?

First off, there was no need for profanity.

Secondly, what are you talking about in regards to "supporting the local
economy?"

If you mean the repair community, then okay, I can see where buying a

Zenith
would be advantageous to certain people, but ultimately at the expense of

the
customer.

They also sell Pioneer big screens, which are excellent TVs, but only

from
their web site.

Then what's the point of buying a big screen from Wal-Mart?

You can't audition it without actually taking the plunge. You may have to

pay
for shipping and handling. The set may get damaged in transit.

I'd rather buy a big screen from a store I can walk into and check it out

for
myself than go through the potential hassles of ordering a set online. -
Reinhart

I agree completely. I buy most electronics locally, because the odds of
something being defective are very high nowadays. It's nice to walk in and
see what your getting face to face, and to be able to return it instantly if
it has a problem.