Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default anybody still have a working BBC computer ?

On 14/06/2015 11:02, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 10:34:57 +0100, rick wrote:

I have a single 3.5" FD that was authored on a BBC compact.

It contains a few text files I would like to get off the disk .........
anybody have one of these pieces of history that still work?

I don't think it's the hardware you need to worry about; it's more
whether your floppy has retained data integrity since it was written.

won't know unless I have a drive to put it in :-)

Although 3.5" fdd is standard the BBC had its own Disk system ... not
compatible with a pc