Glen

Default Hand plane size difference

dave in fairfax wrote:
Tom wrote:

I've got a small low-angle plane with an adjustable sole in front of the
blade(you loosen a small knob and turn a wingnut, then re-tighten), and a
horizontally mounted "wheel and fork" for the projection mechanism. Wheel rides
on a vertically mounted screw. Has an old-timey craftsman logo.

That sounds like a fairly standard block plane. I don't see any
quetion here though, what is it you're wondering? Here are some
places to try to match it against. Remember that it is likely to
have been made by either Sargent or Millers Falls though.

From the OP description the Craftsman does sound like the similar
Sargent model I picked up the Craftsman at a yardsale just last
Saturday (50 cents) and it is _very_ similar, indeed, to one of my
Sargents.

Glen