Posted to uk.d-i-y
Janet Winslow Janet Winslow is offline

Default Wall tile 2mm T-spacers

Against my better judgement I've been persuaded to get some 'metro tiles' for the kitchen. I had no idea how ridiculously expensive the T-spacers would be!

Tops Tiles sell 1000 for £10.60 but they only have 3mm ones. Anyway, I only need about 300, probably fewer. One other UK supplier sold a reasonable quantity for a reasonable price than tries to charge £7.99 postage! Ebay has none at the moment - unless I go to Australia.

Before anyone suggests just cutting one of the legs from the normal X types - not that easy. The cut leaves a bump that has to be filed flat. Just using them as sticky-out pegs is asking for trouble if I want them looking nicely lined up.

Does anyone know of a supplier that will sell these tiny bits of recycled plastic for a reasonable price?

And while I'm in 'moaning mode', I had the daft notion that the back of these fancy metro tiles would have some sort of mark so the half-way point could be easily identified. No, nothing so sensible - at least not on those I bought.

So a word to the wise; if your significant other sees a nice display of these in a shop or catalogue, think again...