Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default New Ladder

PeterC wrote:
My ladder is one of the combination type, so OK up to windows but no more.
My neighbours' ladders are both rather rickety now, so I'd like to buy a
good one that we can all use.
Thinking of getting a triple as it'll be easier to move around (the 4.8m one
that I've just used is a bit unwieldy around here).
The eaves are about 4.1m up, so a ladder of 3.5m should be plenty used as a
double.

Now, are there any makes that are good quality and rigid in use? I'm getting
a bit old for wobbly-ladder fun! Probably go for BS 2037 Class 1 at least
EN131.

Thanks.

If you aren't going to carry it about much you want to get a heavy duty
ladder. They are much nicer to use. They are safer and more stable.

Bill