Posted to uk.d-i-y
critcher[_4_] critcher[_4_] is offline

Default Glued on dust caps

On 27/05/2015 08:41, fred wrote:
Following a dispute with a local tyre supplier they provided and fitted two new tyres to the car.

I had to go through head office to get the dispute resolved so I imagine the local branch manager got a bollicking

and was miffed at having to supply and fit new tyres.

It now appear he has glued on the dust caps on the new tubed tyres.

I don't know what he used but there is no shifting the caps either by
hand or with the aid of two pair of pliers.

(one to hold the stem, one to twist the cap).

If he used thread lock is there any solution I can apply to loosen the caps ?

Any other suggestions to shift them ?

It would require a round trip of 60 miles to bring the car back and I'd preder a simpler solution.

So were they tubed or not????

---