Steve Reinis

Default Sharp TV Quality?

I have a 1995 model Sharp 27" TV that was purchased new in 1995 and while
it's not loaded with features and the stereo sound leaves a lot to be
desired, it has a picture that just amazes me. I'm not about to swivel the
thing around to get th emodel/chassic at this moment.

I'm I tend to be very picky when it comes to CRT image quality since I
sit in front of two 21" computer monitors all day and work with various
others ranging from cheap **** to nicer Sun/SGI stuff.

This Sharp has just very rich, vibrant colors, great geometry, and damned
near perfect convergence all over the screen. No artifacts in the video,
very clear image. Never has it been in for repair, but lately I've noticed
that the picture starts to *slightly* *expand* when the A/C kicks on and the
lights dim for a second. I suspect it's just capacitors getting weak
because the image is rock solid all other times - even during high contrast
scene changes.

Anyhow, how often do you repair folks see Sharp TVs in for repair when
they've failed on their own (Not lightning, physical damage, etc). I have
really been impressed with the durability of this rather cheap set.

Just curious,
-Steve

LASERandDVDfan wrote in message
Does anyone have advice of TV brands not to consider?

Buy only Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, JVC, Sharp, Hitachi, or Proton.

I am particularly fond of Sony as I am a firm believer in Trinitron, but

the
others are very good and will cost less with comparable features.

Don't consider the rest, particularly RCA, Philips, GE, Apex, Magnavox,

Funai,
Sylvania, and all the others. - Reinhart