Jerry G.

Default TV Brand Recommendation

For watching TV in my living room I find a 20 inch display to be much
too small. But, you have a valid point for someone who wants only a 20
inch set.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
"A E" wrote in message

WbSearch wrote:

Am finally replacing my 20 yr old TV due to incompatibility with my

VCR, shop
advises repair cost outweighs practability.
Does anyone have advice of TV brands not to consider? The major brand

names I
am somewhat familiar with, but there are many names I have not heard

of prior
to shopping. I am in the US. Thanks in advance.

Tough one. Since you kept your TV for 20 years, I assume you're the type
of person
who buys once, for the long term. You didn't say how big the TV was,
though.
Really, right now, I'd buy a 21 inch CRT computer monitor with an
external tuner
box.
Why? Because you can get dirt cheap 21 inch monitors and they are likely
to be
better than a TV of the same price.
Also, when HDTV hits, you have a 21 inch computer monitor, not a
paperweight.
Just my opinion. It's just that I don't think you'll be able to buy a
NTSC set
that will last 20 years anymore anyways.