Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Next door water noises

DJC wrote in :

On 14/05/15 10:00, AnthonyL wrote:
I'm in an old (1860) semi-detached cottage and hear when the neighbour
has water running in the bathroom - I think it is when the cistern is
refilling. It is quite annoying at 2am.

The water pipe from the mains is shared but I'm not conscious of
similar sounds during the day when I guess the kitchen taps must be in
use.

Anything to be done? Is it likely that I'm hearing the sound direct
or through our water pipes? How do I ascertain?

I have similar. I believe the neighbouring bathroom is next to the party
wall and the pipes attached to that wall. Probably more noticeable at
2am because there is less background noise and also higher water
pressure as less is being used.

I have a very noisy toilet since I fitted a Isolation Valve. I guess I
should have bought a full-bore one.