Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Next door water noises

Does the toilet fill from the loft tank or from mains water?
I know mine is fed from the loft, and has the wrong size valve hole so it
trickles for about a quarter of an hour and sounds just like some kind of
babbling brook. I know fit the correct valve...
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"AnthonyL" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 May 2015 11:02:31 +0100, Peter Parry
wrote:

On Thu, 14 May 2015 10:23:28 +0100, EricP
wrote:

Anything to be done? Is it likely that I'm hearing the sound direct
or through our water pipes? How do I ascertain?

Ask your neighbour if they mind you fitting a low noise filling device
to their attic tank such as
http://www.fluidmasteruk.com/our-products/pro-series/pro-side-entry-fill-valve-with-heavy-duty-brass-shank.html

I'm fairly sure the noise is associated with the mains fed toilet
cistern in the upstairs bathroom so I don't think the attic comes into
it. Does this device just fit at the inlet and not play any part in
the cistern action?

--
AnthonyL