Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Garden Wall

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Looking at a a house with view to purchase. It has a high wall around the
carden. seems in good order - just a few spalled bricks on the top - but I
have seen some in same road a lor worse,
Built of normal facing bricks - top row has a tile under.
I was wondering if there is any substance I could paint on the top to
reduce moisture penetration and frost damage.

You can, but it's not going to do anything about the ones that have already
spalled.

I'd take the top few courses off, put an oversailor on each skin and an
engineering brick top, it could probably do with lowering a bit anyway if
it's quite high