Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Diy gas .....

On Monday, 11 May 2015 14:00:02 UTC+1, Chris French wrote:
In message ,
whisky-dave writes
On 2015-05-07, John Rumm wrote:

[26 lines snipped]

Keep in mind that that being GS registered does not automatically
mean you can work on all gas appliances. There are categories of
competancy - you need to check that the fitter you are employing
has the relevant category as well. So for example, being
competent to work on a boiler would not necessarily mean
competent to install a gas hob etc.

As I discovered when the Gas Safe plumber my kitchen fitter
summoned to refit my hob backed away, saying "I'm not qualified to
work on bottled gas".

So I fitted it. Again.

Did you get it checked out safety wise, although I'm not sure if you
have to with bottled gas. If the user insrtructions tells you how to
do it you're allowed to.

Bottled gas is usually more dangerous to work with than natural gas
since its denser than air, and can pool in enclosed spaces. (hence why
any detachable connections are usually kept outside)

Starnge I've seen plenty of heaters for indoors that use bottled gas.

That doesn't mean what John wrote about bottled gas is incorrect.

But it is.
For all GAS you are allowed to do anyhting it says regarding conecting
if it is in the user manual as being able to do it.
Which is why peole can fill their own cigarette lighters, and be able to connect their callor gas in the caravan. My last gas cooker was a baynot mount so I could disconect that myself. But I have since had to get a gas safe worker in the disconnect the pipe sticking out of the floor, I think he called it capping off. Are yuo asyiong I would be allowed to do that myself as a DIY projects.