Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OTish; Laptops

On 11/05/15 09:25, Bod wrote:
Time has come to replace the tower PC with a laptop, so I'm after some
advice from the learned people here, since I'm a computer numpty.

I'm looking for something around 16". I don't play games (only
solitaire) I don't watch films or download music. Don't want a
touchscreen, much prefer keyboard/mouse.

I use Word & Excel frequently, sometime quite big documents. I surf the
net often & use e-mail a lot. We have 4G WiFi at home, probably won't
ever take it out, but will use upstairs in the office, on the deck &
downstairs in the lounge.

Reluctant to change from MS Windows simply because I know how to use it.

Any advice on processor type, memory, make, supplier much appreciated.

Finally decided on this;

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptop...28808-pdt.html

Yuk! A *Celeron* processor!?

Celeron now != Celeron 10 years ago...