Jeroni Paul

Default Service menu for Philips TV

Check if when cold it's fine and clips picture when warms up...
It would be a common problem on Philips TVs using TDA3654Q for vertical
deflection, it's defective and needs replacement.

Mat wrote in sci.electronics.repair:
Thanks all of you for the replies.

The fault is simply that the bottom 5% of the picture is no longer
visible. For example, the tickers running across the screen of news
channels is only partially visible.

Any easy fix for this?

Thanks

Mat
"Mat" wrote in message
.net...
I am trying to access the service menu for my US NTSC Philips TV
(19PS50) because the vertical alignment is screwed up (after moving
house). I have tried the "062596 menu" method, but it doesn't get
me anywhere. Am I doing something wrong, or is there another code?

Any ideas gratefully received. I am not a particularly teccy
person, and have no intention of removing the back cover.

TIA