Posted to uk.d-i-y
gareth gareth is offline

Default Diy gas .....

"Jim GM4DHJ at the Holiday Hacienda ..."
wrote in message ...

PS. But watch out, for a number of crocodiles from the ura swamp are
lurking.

OK .....

Well, not sure when it was, mebbe about a month ago, but I completely
unsubscribed from the group after I exposed the duplicity and hypocrisy
of Tomlinson.

I must say, that after 21 years of participation in ura, endeavouring at all
times to maintain the standards of decency and technical competence, that
suddenly I have so much time on my hands to actually get things done.
(As one of them might sneer, condensing the vapour? :-) )

I just wonder ( but not enough to want to peek in there again) how long
the children continued with their obsessive sneers about me, "Bean",
"K", "Heat Bands", etc, before they realised that I had gone and that their
infantile jibes reflected solely on them.

There does seem to be a number of former contributors to ura in this d-i-y
NG,
and I wonder how many of them count as _REAL_ radio amateurs, that is,
having
had the right moral fibre to pursue the 12WPM Morse test to get onto HF even
if they
never intended to use Morse again, or whether thay are ne'er-do-wells who
are now
on HF?