Sam Goldwasser

Default Vac motor repair

(sPoNiX) writes:

I have a Dyson vacuum cleaner with a burnt out motor. I assume that a
build up of dust on the air intake filter caused it to overheat.

However, before fitting the horribly expensive replacement is there
anything else that *could* have caused the burn out?

Could a faulty motor run capacitor cause it to overheat for example?

Sure but most vacuum cleaners have universal motors (with brushes) so no
capacitors other than for RFI suppression.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page:
http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the Feedback Form at repairfaq.org. Thanks.