Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Diy gas .....

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

On Thursday, 7 May 2015 16:12:55 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 7 May 2015 14:34:34 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article
,
Martin Bonner wrote:
The law _also_ requires that the person doing the work is
competent
(and that is the work the law uses). If there is an
explosion,
the
HSE have a good case that the fitter wasn't competent.

Which is just as likely to happen with a pro fitter as a
competent
DIYer.

There's no such thing as a compentent DIYer any more according
the
law
applied to working on gas.
You MUST be qualified in that area of gas you're working on, AND
(Note
the
AND it's not an OR function) gas safe registared.
So unless you're gas safe registered and qualified in that area
then
you
can't DIY gas.

Perhaps even more so as only an idiot would not do things
correctly
on
their own house gas supply.

Thinking you are compendent and being so are two differnt
things.

But it's a different matter with some pros as
it's impossible to be 100% sure they are competent. Or take
care.

but thats NOT the law is it.
If you employ someone that is qualified and gas safe to do they
work
and they **** it up you won;t be held to blame, whereas if you
get
someone
in
and they aren't then you could be held to blame as well as the
fitter
if
something goes wrong.

but who is to know ? ........

Er that's why you have qualifications and the like.
How do you pick a doctor or car mechanic.

Doctors are not picked in my experience and I don't use car mechanics
diy

What do you mean doctors aren't picked. You can choose a doctor.

only fussy people that think they know better do that .....

Like me recently, I chose not to go on a particular doctors list as he
was retiring so I opted to go on the list of someone that wasn't retiring
next month according to the website. at that surgery. So they put me on
the doctors list that was retiring and when I went to see the doctor he
had retired so I've never have seen the one stated on the NHS card I
have. I thought it a good idea not to have a doctor that had retired but
it seems the NHS know better.
Not only that they have given me a middle name which I don't have, not
just that but the name they have given me is Tracy !! FFS !!!

The system noticed those hormone injections, stupid.

like Paul O'Grady he used to be a lady .....