Sofie

Default static on right channel of kenwood receiver

Sharon Leigh:
Follow the troubleshooting advice I posted regarding the Marantz (it has a
static problem in the LEFT channel)..... first, look for faulty solder
connections, especially around the high heat producing components ... if
that is not the problem then with an oscilloscope and a test signal you
should be able to trace the problem to the faulty components (usually leaky
semiconductors or electrolytics) or problem area of the circuitry. As I
stated in that reply post.... the nice thing about working on stereo
equipment is that you have an identical and properly working LEFT channel
next to the faulty (static) RIGHT channel..... it doesn't get any better
than this.
If, after reading this, you are still not certain how to proceed then you
might be best advise to have a service shop do the repairs for you. There
are usually some shops that will do more of this kind of work than
others.... ask around.

****here is a copy of my above mentioned posting:
First, look for cracked, cold, or otherwise faulty
solder connections near and around the high heat
producing components..... especially in the left
channel circuitry. Since the static is almost
constant you should be able to trace it to a
fairly specific area of the left channel circuitry....
.....an oscilloscope should allow you to easily
find the static problem stage.... start at the
preamp and work your way to the power output
stage. Could be leaky semiconductors or
electrolytics anywhere in the chain.....
The nice thing about working on stereo equipment
is that you have an identical channel to compare
the suspected faulty circuitry with.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Sharon Leigh" wrote in message
. ..
I was just reading the post about the marantz receiver static problem.
Mine's slightly different, in that it goes away when I turn the balance

all
the way left, and my headphones work fine. I cleaned every conceivable
contact and circuit and still have the static. The receiver's 32 years old
so I am suspecting something has died or fried along the way. anyone have
any ideas?