Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Talking of garage doors....

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Scraggy" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 May 2015 09:12:06 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

When I bought this house there was a shop type roller shutter door on the
garage....after a while the springs must have went and it is very
difficult
to raise speshly since I have had this transplant...anybody recommend a
nice
roller type door powered or not that would make life easier .....?

We just had one installed by Essati
http://www.essatigaragedoors.co.uk/index.php

There was a locally advertised deal that was ca £7 or 800. this was a
door fitted to the existing frame and one remote.
With a bit of up selling, old frame removed, two swish remotes,
alarm, and 10 year insurance backed warranty it came in a shade under
£1100.

We are very pleased with it. They get good reviews and the ball park
price from the local rip off merchants was ca £1700. YMMV

£1100 ! cough cough ....I'm Scottish you know ......sounds OK actually
...thanks

'opening soon in Glasgow'...woo hoo