Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Energy conservation ...

"Bod" wrote in message
On 07/05/2015 08:02, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Bod" wrote in message

I remember being sent out to buy something almost every day, at
an
age
when kids are probably kept indoors these days, once I had been
trained
how to recognise whether things like eggs and fish were fresh.

that was in the days when hens eggs were white.......

some still are - check out the supermarket...

nobody wants white eggs as in the past brown eggs were perceived as
special...probably just a colour in the feed though .....

No, it's the breed of hens.

interesting thanks .....

Yup and some breeds even produce blue/green and even speckly eggs.

I thought it was just a pink flamingo type thing......

It's all about the chicken

The answer is so simple that you may be surprised. White-feathered
chickens with white ear lobes lay white eggs and red-feathered ones with
red ear lobes lay brown eggs (this may not apply to all breeds). And
besides that, there are certain chickens that even lay speckled eggs and
blue eggs. But when you get down to the egg, nutritionally there is no
difference -- it's all just in the looks.

I don't think I could eat a white egg these days...no choice in the
past.....

Really? The colour doesn't bother me. All in the mind, I suppose.

yes ...I am damaged with issues ....