Posted to uk.d-i-y
News News is offline

Default OTish; Laptops

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
On 30/04/2015 11:47, Bod wrote:

Chromebook

They are basically web browsing machines, very limited.

They run word processing & spreadsheets, that's all I use.

I tend to agree with Dave. Either a netbook or Chromebook would be an
excellent introduction to the world of 'not desktops' rather than
initially shelling out a lot of dosh for a super fast laptop, most
features of which will be neither used nor appreciated.

I have said many times I love my little netbook, which is perfect for my
uses - web, mail, docts, spreadsheets etc. My son is a serious gamer
with a fast desktop, but he also has a Chromebook, bought by my Mother.
It is Tesco or Argos via eBay, probably a customer return, with full
warranty etc. Not much more than a hundred pounds, and does exactly
what it is designed to do. Turns on, boots quickly, connects to wi fi
etc. Son plays games and watches films on it, in bed. He is very happy
with it.
--
Graeme